IEEE UVCE has come to be perhaps one of the recognized student branches across the Region 10 of IEEE. Rekindled in 2001, the student branch has since grown to strength of over 200 student members every year. The year 2016-2017 witnessed the largest membership count of IEEE UVCE till date since the time of its birth which is a total of 257 members. The Branch Counselor of IEEE UVCE is Dr.P Deepa Shenoy, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, UVCE and the Student Branch Chairperson is Shaina Rachelle Noronha.
The organization’s commitment to enhancing and upgrading the core knowledge base of its members to the industry standards is reflected in the host of activities organized by it throughout the year. The calendar is marked by Kagada; the National Level Technical Paper Presentation Contest, Impetus; the Technical Fest and is filled with ample amount of workshops, symposiums, guest lectures and Industrial visits.
Testimony to the fact that we have been incessantly working for the student community, is the number of awards we have won. Following are the awards won at the Region 10 and Bangalore Section level.
- Our Principal Dr. Venugopal KR was awarded with the IEEE Fellow Grade for his exemplary contribution towards the field of education.
- Our Branch Counselor Dr. P Deepa Shenoy won the Outstanding Branch Counselor award by IEEE MGA (Member and geographic activities) in the year 2016 and Best Branch Counselor award at the Bangalore Section level in the year 2012.
- The student branch IEEE UVCE won the R10 Exemplary Student Branch award in the year 2016.
- IEEE WIE UVCE won the Region 10 Outstanding WIE Affinity Group award in the year 2015.
- KAGADA the National Level Technical Paper Presentation Contest won the Darrel Chong Silver Level award in the year 2016.
- Mahesh RB, Former Chairperson, IEEE UVCE won the Outstanding Student Volunteer award from the Bangalore Section in the year 2015 and IEEE UVCE won the Best Student Branch award by IEEE Bangalore section in the year 2008.
- IEEE UVCE WIE Affinity Group was declared as the ‘Most Vibrant Affinity Group of the Year’ in the Women in Engineering Professional Activities Day held by IEEE Bangalore Section.
Over the years, IEEE UVCE has been playing a major role in helping the students to blossom into independent and successful engineers. In the upcoming years along with KAGADA and IMPETUS, we at IEEE UVCE aim to host more of conferences, technical workshops and contests concerning all the streams of engineering at the student branch and section level providing a platform for gaining and improving skills and a wide range of exposure together with personal growth. And with all these, we aspire to keep up the respectability of IEEE UVCE that it has gained over the years.