PES INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
BANGALORE SOUTH CAMPUS
Member Count : 66
Advisor : Dr Annapurna Dammur (Branch Counsellor and Student Activities)
IEEE Chair: Prof M S Anand.
ExeCom :- Chair : Anwesh Anjan Patel Vice Chair : Ashish Nair Secretary : Shimona Prabhu Joint Secretary : Rohith Raj Tresurer : Ritwik Giri Webmaster : Ankush Arunkumar Design Lead : Tulsi Kanodia
AFFINITY GROUP Operating Unit : PES Inst of Tech – Bangalore South Campus, WIE OU Code : SBA12711
ExeCom:- Chair : Aanchal Rai Vice Chair : Rishika Gupta Operating Unit : PES Inst of Tech – Bangalore South Campus,
STB WEBSITE http://pesitieee.esy.es/
STB Activities – Spring 2017
1. Wit War Debates
◦ Guest attendance : 14, IEEE Member attendance : 4, 16 th and 24 th March 2017
◦ Wit War is a rebuttal series where the participants engage in discussions and debates.This event helped participants enhance their oratory skills and enabled them to put forth their ideas in front of an audience, thereby enhancing their soft skills.
2. Techila Tech Quiz
◦ Guest attendance : 25, IEEE Member attendance : 10, 21 st of March 2017 ◦ A two level quiz with prelims (Tech history) and Jeopardy rounds. The aim of this event was to promote quizzing culture amongst students and make them aware of the new trends in technology. It was a learning experience for all including the volunteers and audience.
3. IoT Workshop ◦ Guest attendance : 138, IEEE Member attendance : 17, 8 th of April 2017 ◦
◦ The workshop was aimed towards teaching the audience, fundamentals of connected devices.The workshop enabled the audience to code a simple home automation system wherein the user is able to switch on/off lights using the phone. The basic functionality of the motion sensor and it’s usage in daily life was also one of the topics in the agenda.
4. Mechatronics Seminar ◦ Guest attendance : 360, IEEE Member attendance : 5, 26 th of April 2017
◦ IEEE PESIT South Campus SB took the initiative to conduct a seminar that aims of introducing the basic underlining concepts of Mechatronics to young engineering students to create a awareness of the scope and opportunities that this newly emergent field has to offer.